The Gillard Copse, which was first planted with new trees in early 1968 and in July 1968 was formally officially named by the then Bishop of Derby. An appeal was made for the erection of a school chapel and thus allowing 'Big School' to be made available solely for educational purposes. In addition, after the reading out of the names by Old Derbeians of all those recorded on the War Memorial special wooden mini wooden crosses with small poppies were placed in the lawn adjoining the steps of the War Memorial.
However, in December 1913 the house names were altered to Wilson's, Tanner's, School House and Cruikshank's. The other three were Bemrose School (boys Homelands Girls Grammar School (girls) and Parkfield Cedars Grammar School for Girls. Money at that time was a problem for the school, and so he loaned the property to the school for free, on a temporary basis. The Center also utilizes a rapid diagnostic model where patients are often given test results the same day imaging tests are performed, and if indicated, follow up testing (ultrasound, breast biopsy) and even consultation with a breast surgeon are often available the same day. 6 Further research of Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England published in 1848 finds the following supporting evidence relating to Derby School. This collection has been assembled into three large volumes, and these were handed to the President of the Old Derbeian Society on 9 November 2014, at the conclusion of the Remembrance Day Service held that year, to be held within the Society's archives. The proposed removal of the mosaic to another part of the building was found impractical during the building's construction. A complete hard copy of George. Citation needed Praeposters and monitors edit Leadership at the school was in the hands of the masters, but, as with most schools, older pupils were given responsibility and were appointed praepostors, known as props (an appellation still used at Uppingham School and Rugby School ). It is recorded that this was due entirely to the efforts made by Mr Norman Elliott, the then head master of the school. The running of the school was still steeped in history, with praepostors and monitors, and with the houses still competing for the Cock House trophy. Derby Gripe Site Archived 13 December 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
At this point, it was still Derby School. A new clubhouse was built and completed in 1963 on the opposite bank of the river Derwent, but slightly further upstream. In the years leading up to 1966, there was also further accommodation, in the school buildings on Chapel Street, a site now occupied by a multi-storey carpark. In December 1914 School House became Fullers as there were to be no more boarders; in July 1921 Wilsons became Gatelys; in July 1934 Cruikshanks became Grimes. As recently as 2016 these courts were improved by being made weather proof by having roofs placed over them. The St Helen's House complex consisted of the house A'-block which contained classrooms and offices; an attached annexe known as the Pearson Building B' Block which held most of the classrooms on the ground and second floor plus on the first floor 'Big School the.